Shirdi Sai Baba Temple association of London (SHITAL) is a registered charity formed on
23rd April 2009. The objective of SHITAL is to promote spiritual knowledge for the benefit of the
public in accordance with the teachings of Shree Shirdi Sai Baba. SHITAL aims to become a platform
to spread the holly messages and teachings of Shree Shirdi Sai Baba to every corner of the UK and
Europe through establishing temples, and community centres, holding prayer meetings, lectures,
public celebrations of religious festivals, distributing literatures on Shree Shirdi Sai Baba and
assisting those in charitable needs.
- We endeavour that within five kilometres of any SHITAL temple and centre, no one goes
hungry; as was the practice Sai Baba followed when He was physically present in Shirdi.
- Following Baba’s teachings, all donations received have been invested back in the community
- Encouraging people from all walks of life to participate in these activities of serving the community.
SHITAL’S RELIGIOUS SERVICES IN UK SINCE 2009
- Opened first Shirdi Sai Baba Temple in UK in Wembley 2010, then in Leicester in 2013 and now in
Reading in 2015
- Operates 4 weekly centres in Milton Keynes, Slough, East London and Hounslow.
- Free Food is served to all devotees attending SHITAL temples every day.
- Organised an average of 8 community events every year including 1 in Royal Albert Hall, London.
- Around 5000 devotees attend the community events.
- Free distribution of Shree Sai Satcharitra books to devotees, available in English and 11 other
- Organise special poojas including “Sai Satya Vrat Pooja”, Hanuman Chalisa and monthly special
poojas where devotees participate for free and offer prayers to Baba.
- Free Tuitions for Primary & Secondary Pupils.
- Provide a platform to engage in cultural activities like dance, music and drama to promote allround growth for young minds.
- Free Medical & Legal services for the needy.
- Food is distributed to an average of 29,000 homeless & needy people annually.
- Supports around 12 charitable organisations.
- Working in association with British Heart Foundation in Heart Start initiative.
- Arranges Walks every year in London & Leicester to promote healthy living.
- Working with Silver Star charity to raise awareness of Diabetes in Community.
Be a part of this project and assist in donating and collecting the funds required, please contact temple
staff or email us on [email protected]
or call us on 0208 902 2311.
We need more volunteers to be part of the project team in below areas:
• Planning • Campaigning • Public Relations • Fund Raising
Contact us on [email protected] or [email protected] or on the numbers below
For more information, contact us:
[email protected] • 0208 902 2311/ 0116 367 1833/ 0118 959 1084 • www.shirdisai.org.uk